For fellow farmers out there, or those who enjoy our stories, I own stalls at the North Carolina Beach Farmers market, selling bee honey and other hand-grown and handmade items. I hope to bring awareness of my region and our local enterprises to the world. Please join me on my quest. It is no surprise that the farmers’ market vendors are making record sales. All thanks to their pure, organic and naturally grown products, off-beat products are among the most purchased groceries in our markets, minimarts, supermarkets, and even on social media. People don’t want their food tainted with chemicals and sprays as the consequences are well known. They want better ingredients, better taste, and better health. Because of the frenzy for quality nutrition, even non-farmers have begun to invest in farmers’ markets. Maybe you are one of them. There are websites giving directions to where you can find a market for particular products. So, yeah, farmers markets are a big deal. Well, they are certainly lucrative to me and I work hard at my trade not only to give the public what it wants, but to allow me to have the necessities of life. I can attest to the fact that you can support your lifestyle with “liquid gold.” There is nothing like honey with local flavor to entice buyers to your door. Keeping it in attractive jars with personalized labels doesn’t hurt. People love to display the raffia-tied containers on their kitchen shelves. Of course, you think of basic overhead as rent, food, transportation, entertainment, etc. Imagine that I singled out one particular new purchase from my honey profits: a tankless water heater from https://tanklesscenter.net/. How many jars of honey does it take to buy one of these new marvels of technology? That is a math problem for your kids for sure. I didn’t do the arithmetic, however, as the cost of such an appliance would take more than one session at the market. I now know that the public supported my efforts, as I was able to get my replacement water heater in less time than expected. Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait long for some decent hot water for a long shower. No more tepid times under the dual-head spray. Most people who live in older homes or apartments must make do with that waiting period for hot water to accumulate. With the tankless models, this is no longer a chore. You can wash pots and pans, run a dishwasher, clean the floors, and then take a shower since no cumbersome and ugly metal tank is depleted. I adore my new unit and brag about it to friends. Everyone wants to upgrade as well. They are more affordable than ever and easy to find. Your eyes will no longer turn away from a bulky tank in the hall closet. There is now room for more clothes and storage items. After all, I need space for my unfilled honey jars!
The farmers market is an establishment that has been in existence since the beginning of time; selling products that are not only fresh but naturally grown. It is this characteristic of the farmers market is one of the reasons why the farmers market has so many customers. So it should not come as a surprise when you notice an opening of new farmers market around your locality. Another reason why the farmers market is making many trends is the fact that, the produces are usually the complement of a particular locality; products in the farmers market are usually a product, common to that locality. Because of this, products usually differ from one farmer's market to another. However, they are some products that you can find in virtually all farmers markets. The products are;
- Freshly killed meat (sometimes with fresh fish): statistics have shown that the level of consumption of meat (red and white) is on the high side, with roughly about million cows being killed every year. Meat is eaten in almost home, both in the United States of America (U.S.A) and the world in general. A farmers market would not be complete if it didn’t have meat or many meat stalls.
- Cottage and Dairy Products: cheeses and milk are usually found in a farmers market. Cheese is used as an ingredient in many American dishes, thus the need to be sold in all markets. Dairy products are one of the primary products of farms.
- Peas, lettuces, carrot, onion, tomatoes, pepper. These are the primary product you can find in a farmers market, anytime, anywhere. These farm products are basic products that can be cultivated by any farmer. Anywhere, anytime.
- Veggie Shakes: although I told you that these products could be found in farmers markets, the veggie shake, will, however, be dependent on the agricultural product that is prevalent in the local area. Veggie shakes are like milkshakes, but with vegetables.
- Regular Shakes: the reason why regular shakes are usually sold in farmers markets is usually of dehydrated kids and adults who don’t want the veggie shakes. Plus the vendors themselves also take the shakes once in a while.
Giving is now a thing of a past. We now live in a ‘me,’ ‘myself,’ and ‘I’ world. Everyone always wants to satisfy himself. This personal gratification is the why neighbors no longer give common things to each other. This issue of giving is a big one, that is why there are even websites dedicated to neighborly giving. These sites are trying to inculcate the spirit of giving and neighborly love in the hearts of the American society. They are basic things you can do as a neighbor, to show your neighbors, the neighborly love, that we are talking about today. Things like garden tools are good things to give to your neighbors. Here are some groceries you can get, that can be beneficial to you and your neighbors.
- Cheese: getting excess cheese is good. Research has shown that cheeses are used in many dishes, and you can get it for yourself and a little extra, for your neighbor.
- Peas: a can of a pea can last for a long while. It is good that you can also get some for your neighbors. It shows that you care about the health of your neighbor.
- Sugar: ‘can I borrow a cup of sugar?’ ‘Sure you can’ sugar has been the most shared groceries amongst neighbors for a long time now. Since the 19th century, sugar was not an issue, and a neighbor could happily give a cup of sugar to their neighbors. But lately, sugar amongst other things, are not even given any more. The chain of giving has been broken, and people are now greedier than ever. That aside, sugar is a great commodity that you can get for your neighbor.
- Flour: you can get a bag of flour and keep at home so that it can serve you and your neighbor. Flours can be used for baked food like pie; therefore, it’s very necessary to have flour at home, so you can also spare some to your neighbor.
Every location and locality has special ingredients and seasoning they use to make their meals and dishes taste different and peculiar (in a good way). When cooks, prepare dishes and make it according to the locality they are in, what they are doing is, appreciating the food and culture of that locality. Plus, cooking with seasons, helps you understand how using the seasoning and ingredients works. If you find yourself in a local area, you haven’t been to before, or maybe you relocated to a new place, it will be a nice idea to try out their local dishes, fruits, and vegetables; it shows how much you appreciate their culture and culture generally. Everyone talks about seasonality when talking about food that comes with inspiration, but it is important to note that cooking according to the season is not as easy as it sounds. There are a few guidelines you should get acquainted with before you attempt to make a locally seasoned food. It is advisable that before anyone attempt to make a seasonal dish, they have to know their ingredient and the way it goes with the meal they wish to prepare. As mentioned earlier, they are some guidelines to bear in mind when trying to cook seasonally. I’ll run you through them;
- Start By Thinking about Your Locality:
- Always Preserve Leftover Ingredients If possible.
- Best you have a stocked cupboard filled with all seasons
- Add-ins is not a bad idea.
The save the bee campaign is a campaign that is taken seriously, like global warming, or heart attacks or even finding a cure for cancer. Now we all know that bees and other flower insect help in pollination and cross-pollination, it is thanks to them that we get to enjoy the beauty and fragrance of these flowers, we all know that. But what we don’t know is that, if these bees don’t do their thing, then, not only will the beauty and fragrance be gone as well, it will be the end of the world, because, the plants’ end product (oxygen), is our only hope of survival. But, what then, is the need for the save the bees campaign? A recent evaluation of the survival of bees has shown that bees are nearly extinct, as bee farmers are to cultivate bees on closed door and bee breeding houses. One of the strategies that have been devised to the save the bees is the ‘bring back the bee campaign.’ This campaign was initiated to try and control the rate in which the bees are declining, thus the hashtags. Apart from the fact that, farmers now cultivate bees in farmhouses, which drastically causes harm to nature, the bees that are not bred are still in danger of extinction. Another major cause of the decline of the bees is the pesticides used to kill other plant-eating insects. The neonicotinoids which the pesticides contain helps in keeping pests away, but it also kills the bees. These pesticides are now used everywhere; in the farm, garden centers, even at home, on our lawn, and every other plant growing vicinity. As soon as the bees get in contact with the pesticide, they die. Even if they do survive, don’t get your hopes up yet, the possibility of them contacting other diseases is about 98 percent high; the odds are not in their favor. There is a need to create an awareness that, the bee is vital to our survival as humans; and as pollinators, the plants also depend on the bees for their survival as well. Luckily, several organizations have devoted their time to trying to fight the rapid decline of these pollinators. There has been an improvement in Europe. The guardians have reported the use of neonicotinoid insecticides in the fields of Europe will be banned, within six months. These efforts aim at raising the pollination rates of the bees in that region. In the meantime, Scientists are developing new ways to fight the pest problem. These efforts have all been targeted at saving the bees. The need to save the bees has gone to the political level, as top-notch politicians, around the world, use the bees as a failsafe in their political campaign. The promise to save the bees, by the politicians, arouses the support of bee enthusiasts, and they are compelled to vote. Although the reason for the campaign may be wrong (political ambitions), it is a step further towards saving the bees. Let’s do our part, let’s save the bees.
Because of the frenzy going on in the various farmers market around the globe, a lot of eager young farmers are beginning to venture into this lucrative money making the opportunity. For centuries, the farmers market has been the most common of selling farm products. And over time, the farmers market has become an integral part of a community, regarding providing the community with fresh fruits and vegetables. In some part of the world, and most probably in your local communities, you find out that, some supermarkets and grocery stores do not even sell most of the farm produce. The farmer's markets are the only places you can find these special products. The income generated from the farmer's markets is beginning to gain attention among non-farmers. It is quite easy to be a vendor of your local farmers market, selling your homegrown farm products, or other house produced foods. But for an effective and lucrative sale, you’ll have to follow some steps.
- Be Prepared. Make A List Of All That You Need
- Decide What You’re Going to Sell
- Acquire a Board of Health Certification
- Try to Create and Maintain a Healthy Relationship with the Owner of the Market
- Prepare or Have your Stall
- Always be Prepared.